Buy Suzuki Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Introduction and question: DF50A = DF60A?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Introduction and question: DF50A = DF60A?

Hi everybody,

first thread - thought would be friedly to introduce myself, Jo from Germany, Brandenburg, driving a new DF50A on an approx. 7m cabin cruiser about 1,4 tons weigh. Motor and boat are a good combination, I am not a speed freak and driving on German lakes means 12 - 25 km/h - ok sometimes in the morning it is possible to make some fullspeed jokes, police begins working 7 a.m. .

Boat is going approx 45 km/h, has a good hydrodynamic profile.

My question: the DF50A and the DF60A are like I could see more or less the same construction, camshaft, block, head etc. is it only the ECU chip which delivers the 10 HP more in the DF60A? After my 3 years warranty: is it possible to update the DF50A to a DF60A by a Suzuki Marine dealer?

Have a nice evening or morning, where ever you are!

Jo

Hi Jo

The answer to your question is that technically, it is possible. But in practical terms, you will imd thevare moparts than just the ECU to replace, and it will simply be far too expensive to do to be worthwhile.

Comment

Hi Moonlighter,

thanks for reply, the DF 50 and 60 are totally equal, same transmission, block, head, camshaft, body.... all equal, only some parts are different like bracket. I can see that in the part numbers where even all part construction pictures of the DF50 are named with f. e. "DF60-Camshaft", and I think bracket is really not so important for 10 HP more.

Comment

Well, why bother asking here if you have already made up your mind that there is no difference and it is easily changed?

Go ahead and ask your Suzuki dealer to do the upgrade for you, have it tested to see if you really get 60hp, and come back here and tell us all about it.

Look forward to seeing your report.
        Last edited by Moonlighter; 08-16-2013, 08:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlighter View Post
          Well, why bother asking here if you have already made up your mind that there is no difference and it is easily changed?

Go ahead and ask your Suzuki dealer to do the upgrade for you, have it tested to see if you really get 60hp, and come back here and tell us all about it.

Look forward to seeing your report.
          You did not read it correctly.

The fact that I know that it is more or less equal does not mean that I really know if it will be just be done the simple change of the ECU.

That is my question.

But thanks for your input

Comment

more trouble than it is worth, this sort of thing has been asked, and attempted many times before, on all sorts of HP, the costs are always way too much, just for fun, price a new ECU from your dealer.

Comment

Working...
            X