Engine wont turn over sometimes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine wont turn over sometimes

Key on buzzer and gauges work engine wont turn over, turn key off and on a few times it will start had this problem before replaced ignition switchs no fix dealer replaced 2 diodes they are wired in bewteen ignition switch and kill switch that has worked for two years now the problem is back if I pull the ignition wires in back of the switch to check wires problem goes away starts up and runs fine but the problem comes right back

Anyone have any info this 2008 suzuki DF115

Turned out to be the neutral start switch at the shifter there are two neutral start switchs on my boat another one on the engine
    Last edited by raystreet; 09-09-2013, 08:05 AM. Reason: add info Dealer fixed the problem

Originally posted by raystreet View Post
    Key on buzzer and gauges work engine wont turn over, turn key off and on a few times it will start had this problem before replaced ignition switchs no fix dealer replaced 2 diodes they are wired in bewteen ignition switch and kill switch that has worked for two years if I pull the ignition switch back to check wires problem goes away but will come back

Anyone have any info this 2008 suzuki DF115
    I had this same problem with a Brand new 2013 DF115. Service center said corrosion on one of the wires was making contact and sometime wouldn,t. I had it out a coujple times since then and crank it on the muffs every week or so and semms to be O.K , check that if you haven't already and wires to battery. I would also put a load test on the battery. Bad batterys can make these computerized engines do wierd things

Comment

Working...
    X