Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suzuki 50 outboard problem help

HI, ALL.
    I just got a suzuki 50 outboard and the last owner caught something with it in the sea.
    the outboard starts and the propeller turns but in the water it wont propell the boat any ideas.
    i am going to strip it and investigate but i am looking for advice of where to look and what to look out for from more experienced members. thanks

50 hp issues can u help me?

i have a 50 hp not sure of age as new to suzukis serial numbers 307 061 previous owner says had boat for 6 years and no water came from pee hole and was told its safe ? please help the new me joey going crazy

Comment

It sounds like you broke a bushing in the lower unit.

Second post on no water from the pee hole, if no water comes out, you could be fine. The line could be kinked or stopped up and doesn't affect the cooling of the engine. The pee stream is there to help you see that water is circulating through the engine before you do damage from overheating. I would check the line and try to clear so you can verify that you are cooling the engine.

Comment

thanks

going by previous owner motor has run fine like this and mechaanics have said not worth repairing? is it safe to put a temperature gauge to make sure motoe runs cool ? any suggestion greAT

Comment

I would check the line going from the pee hole to the head to see if it is blocked. Free to do and doesn't take long. A temperature gauge would work.

Comment

Working...
          X