Help Weak Pee stream on One DF175

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Weak Pee stream on One DF175

just got back, port engine pees nice and strong when I hook the hose to the hose flush port ,, but the starboard is very weak, in fact it wasn't coming out at all so I lowered the engine and started it {weak but flowing} just had the pumps replaced before the season, can anyone give me a place to start looking? I tried to snake some wire up the pee hose but it only went in about 12 inches,, the one shoots a stream about three feet but the other shoot way less about 6 inches or so. this is when im flushing with fresh water with a hose thru the flush port. btw I tried both flush ports and the same pressure or lack of is coming out. thanx in advance.

UPDATE ,, I use some garden weed wacker line and it started to pee,, after another outing today noticed it wasn't peeing at all, it appears that with the cowl cover off that the pee hose is about 12 inches long, and at the very top it is a sharp 90 turn so the monofilament cant make the turn,, any ideas on what I can use to stick up the tell tale hose to free whatever the obstruction is? or should I be looking in another place as far as the culprit of the problem?

Comment

I had that happen this weekend. Changed the water pump (just bought the boat and it hadn't been changed in several years). Pee'd stronger but still not like normal. I pulled off the rubber hose inside the cowling and found the line partially plugged with a dirt dobber nest. Cleaned it out and it pee'd like a champ.

Comment

geez how did u do it? its hidden behind the oil filter, btw my boat stays in the water so its a ;ittle difficult to get at things..

Comment

The boat was out of the water. I could not have done it if it was in the water. The other option is to take off either end you can get to and run a pipe cleaner through it. It would be best if you can get the outlet end off and let the water from the engine help push the blockage out, assuming that is your problem. Third option is to cut the hose, clear it and splice it.

If you can't get either end off, feed something through the open end like you are doing and hope the blockage will dissolve. It the blockage is something that doesn't dissolve, you will have to remove one end of the hose.

Comment

compressed air fixed the problem. hopefully the same piece of crud doesnt clog the hose again, thanx for the help!!

Comment

I had a similar problem with a DF140, I changed impeller, blew out line with air and also change the pressure relief valve and had very littler improvement in pee stream

I pulled thermostat cover and found thermostat stuck in the full open position.

I place sprayed with liquid wrench and thremostat closed, I cucled it several time in hot water on the stove and it worked every time at correct temperature, have had good pee ever since.

Jim

Comment

Guess you will have to bring the boat on dry land to do that.
                BacklinksVault

Comment

Working...
                X