Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suzuki DT 30 C 1998

Hello guys

I have some problems with this engine, hope some of you can guide me in the right direction.

The engine runs and starts really good. It idles fine and has good acceleration. The problem is that from 1/4-3/4 throttle it is like the choke is on but when i get above 3/4 it runs great. Have cheked that the choke is not stuck, because if i activate the choke during accleration it really boogs.

Here is what i have done so far:

I have cleaned the carbs (2 times, letting everything soak over night) and they are totaly clean. The air mixture screws is 1½ turn out.
    Changed the plugs, done a link and sync, according to the manual. The compression is good, around 125 psi on all cylinders. Cleaned the fuelfilter and cheked fuellines and put in new fuel. I have checked all the connectors for corrotion and the coils have been measured and are within spec.
    I have not tried to measure the throttle position sensor because in the manual i says that it should have 3 wires and mine only have 2. Maybe you can guide me on that? Also i have not tried to measure any other thing in the ignition because i think it hase something to do with fuel and not ignition, maybe i am wrong?

I have read another thread on iboats.com about a guy who had the same problem and i turned out that the engine had some wrong jet in the carb. It turned out that his DT25 had the DT30 jets, which makes good sense because it will go rich.
    I also think that maybe in 1998 there came a Suzuki service bulletin saying that the jets in the carb should be larger?

I don't really know where to start anymore so hope that some of you guys can help

Jannik
    Last edited by janniklindskov; 08-26-2013, 09:39 AM.
Working...
X