Suzuki SMIS gauges & interface software updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suzuki SMIS gauges & interface software updates

OK, anyone wanting to update to the latest Suzuki interface or SMIS software versions, or in fact down-grade to earlier versions, here is the link where you can find and download these files:

Suzuki - LOWRANCE | Marine Electronics

You dont actually have to install the emulator and do the upload via a laptop either!!

Once you download the files you want from this website, open the folders that have been created and find the actual update files for the thing you want to update. It might take you a bit of digging, from memory they are in the Navico folder, but I cant guarantee that.

The names of the update files tell you what they are for, and always end in the file extension ".luf"

I suspect, being the intuitive fellow that I am, that "luf" is short for Lowrance Update File........ doh!

For example one might be called "SMIS400 vers2.30.luf" and this would logically be the name for the 4" SMIS gauge update file to version 2.30. It's probably not exactly that, but I hope you follow the concept!

So you would simply right click on the file you want, copy, and paste it onto your SD card. You could put several of them on the same card. Then take the SD card, put it into any device on your network that has a SD card slot, and in the menu, find that file, highlight, and upload it, following the prompts. Piece of cake!

Hope this helps.

ML

Good info, Grant. Thanks.
    Mike
    μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

Thanks for sharing the link.
      BacklinksVault

Comment

Working...
      X