Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Owner of a 2007 115

Hey guys:

I just bought a Sylvan 17.5 with a 115 on the back. I know nothing about these engines and I was hoping some experienced members here could give me some insight on what to pay attention to etc.

thanks

nobody?

thanks

Comment

OK... lets assume you have a 115 4 stroke? that being the case, it is a good motor, but, at 2007 it MAY still have the steel plug in the engine holder, if it does, get it replaced before it causes you grief, if it is not present, then go and enjoy your motor.

Comment

Noel:

thanks for answering, but please help me out more. What steel plug?

Yes it is a 115hp 2007. But I'm not sure what you mean by the "Steel Plug"?

thanks again

Comment

In the "older' 90/115/140 around pre 2007 I think, there is a steel plug in the lower part of the engine (near where the screw in hose attachment goes) if the plug is present, it will need to be removed and an alloy one installed, problem solved... if the plug cannot be removed, big problem just started. The newer models do NOT have the plug, the casting was modified, so no plug was installed, do a search on here, it has ben covered many times, do not be fooled by the owner telling you he flushed the motor, it is in the DRY section of the exhaust, so no amount of flushing is going to help.

Comment

Working...
          X