DF90 throttle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF90 throttle

I have a DF90 2007 4 stroke. The throttle seemes to bind up when I shift foward to reverse. The prop has some movement when in neutral. You can stop it with your foot. What is the proper way to set and adjust the throttle. THANKS

Don't know what you mean by "some movement in neutral, you can stop it with your foot" in neutral, the prop is free to spin either way, please explain a bit better.

Comment

Also would be helpful if you could more clearly explain what "throttle seems to bind up" means.
      Mike
      μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

The prop is moving forward while in neutral. It is not in gear just moving. The boat is hard to put into gear in forward or revearse. It feels like it is binding up. THANKS.

Comment

The prop often moves a little when running in neutral if there's no resistance at all, as when flushing on the muffs, with the prop in the air. But that's more of a creep than turning, and it sounds like you're saying it actually spins a bit (albeit slowly) as it would in gear, except that you can stop it with your foot. Still not perfectly clear, but let's move on......does it feel like the cable is binding, or does the throttle lever seem to kind of "spring back" slightly from the position you put it in? You are talking about shifting into gear while in the water with the motor running, right? And you're not talking about gears grinding if you try to ease the shifter into forward or reverse? These are the kind of explanations that would help in the diagnosis.
          Mike
          μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

OK The prop is free to spin. This motor is on my skiff boat and my prop on my mecury on my bass boat does not move when running on the hose so I thought somthing was out of adjustment. The motor is hard to put into gear and to shift into reverse. in the water. I just put a new lower unit on the motor in june. I use this boat to fish for flounder in the ocean and I have to shift from forward to reverse a lot to stay on rock reefs and ships. I dont want to tear somthing up . THANKS

Comment

so, did the hard to shift only happen after the lower unit repair/replacement?

Comment

It seems to have got worse. THANKS

Comment

Working...
                X