Repowering my Lund Pro V 2025 with a DF 250

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Repowering my Lund Pro V 2025 with a DF 250

Just had a new DF 250, tach, key switch and wiring harness installed. The dealership is telling me the bill is going to be $1,370 for a 12 hour install. Does anyone else besides me think that's a bit excessive?? I took the old motor off and they reused my existing controls. The tach was the same diameter as the original. Does anyone have access to Spader rate books and see if 12 hours is too much for a repower?? Thanks.

It seems a little long but if it is done right, including water test and propping I would be OK with it. You also have to consider there is not too much to make on the motor itself. The dealer makes his coin on the install and accessories.

Did you have a price quote prior to installation? Normally it is best to go with "turn key" pricing when it comes to tasks that require little if any modification to your boat for the install.

Comment

I personally think it is about twice the time it should take, but who knows? there is not a lot can be done now, they have your boat and new motor.

Comment

Maybe a little long but they have to remove the old motor, uncrate the new, prep, install, test...... I can see it taking a couple of guys a half a day to do it right with a water test. Throw in an hour for paperwork and registration.... ehhh, it is what it is. You can't argue after the fact without a quote.

Comment

Working...
        X