Buy Suzuki Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2011 df150 submerged, what to do with it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 df150 submerged, what to do with it.

I picked up a boat for a very good price because it had been flipped. The 2011 Suzuki 150 had been completely submerged. Today I started going over the motor, it would not turn over by ignition but I could jump the starter and to my surprise the starter worked. I wasn't surprised to find that it had no spark. I found an electrical box with fuses and solenoids that was very corroded and attached to masses of wires. When I looked on this site for parts I was surprised to see that it only went up to 2010. I figured 2010 parts would work so I looked at those parts and was even more surprised that many parts are obsolete. How can they be obsolete on such a new motor? I am now debating whether I should take the motor somewhere to get looked at, or if it being submerged is even worth it and just part it out. Any suggestions? Thanks.

That a good thing that it cranked.
    I have a couple of engines, which have sunk several times on me. I attended to them straight away, removing the electronics (washing them down and spraying them) you would find wires and connection corroded away, we just fix these fitting and re-installed. also pulling the fuel system and manifold off and give these a complete clean out with petrol and removing as much water as possible.
    Drain oil and completely fill engine with Diesel flush out, check all electronic pumps. Do a complete service changing all items possible -spark plugs, filter, fuse etc. Open up the starter motor and also clean this giving it a light sanding.

Note: this was done directly after sinking, but am sure if you take the time to look at each component you will be able to restore the engine to working and proper operation condition.
    I have had to do this as we live in a remote area and hard to get parts and tech assistance, but it has worked for us.

Comment

how long has it been since it was submerged and someone looking at it? if a bit of time has elapsed, you could be in for a lot of problems, if you get it going at all.

Comment

Working...
      X