New 300 Surges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New 300 Surges

Have T 300 2013's, with just under 50 hours. Love 'em but yesterday while running at about 4100, the left motor seemed to "surge" 2000 RPM. It would surge up in RPM, then go back down to where it was previously.

It did it every so often, not all the time, but enough my wife and I both noticed it.

Tried it in calmer water @ 3700 RPM, and it did it again - never at idle or slow speed.

I love the motors - they are on a 2001 Jupiter 30 - the boat rides great with this power.

I don't think its the end of the world, but these are brand new and should not display this tendency.

Thanks very much in advance

Porter,

I don't know how old the motor is in months, but I have a 2012 (Oct) 300 zuki. Mine did the same thing but at 1600 rpm...up and down 200rpm... I was told by my mechanic it was the spark plugs....so I replaced all 6...(cheap) and that fixed the issue. He told me to replace once per year no matter how many hrs are on the motor.

currently 225 hrs.

good luck

Comment

Its only a couple of months old, and has like 48 hours - so nothing should be wrong, but I'll check out the SP's

Thanks very much

Comment

Originally posted by Porterricks View Post
        Its only a couple of months old, and has like 48 hours - so nothing should be wrong, but I'll check out the SP's

Thanks very much
        Have the same thing happening to one of my 2019 300ap with 29 hours on it. Happens on the starboard motor around 1531rpm's, surges up to 1700 and down to 1300. Does not happen on the port motor. Curious to see if you got yours fixed and what was the issue.

Comment

Working...
        X