Engine Control Unit, which one??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine Control Unit, which one??

I have 2 DF 175Hp Suzuki outboards 2012 models that were submerged for about 8 hours. When they came out of the water we handed them to a mechanic who apparently did nothing for 3 weeks though claimed he had cleaned them thouroghly. They have since been taken apart again and cleaned, and it seems the mechanics are fine it's the electrical system that keeps shorting out. We have bought 2 new Harness Assays for them that have not arrived here yet, but we think we also need new engine control units. The originals have the code 33920-96JB0 with a cost of $1400 each, what I would like to know is if it is possible to put a control unit from another year in them? The price for the untis up until 2010 are about $600 and after that go up to $1500, why is that? and what is the difference? The mechanics out here on the islands have no idea about the electronics so I need some help please. We tried one engine with the computer from a 2008 model code 33920-96J51 and it worked, so can we put in any model for the 175Hp??

No it looks like only the 2012 models will work.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
    X