Carburetor Adjustment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carburetor Adjustment

Hello... I am new here and hope you guys can help me. I have a 25 HP Suzuki Outboard DT25 year 1994. I need to adjust the carbs which it has three on it. How do I go about doing it ? Do I adjust while it is in idle ? Which one do I begin with and how do I do it or what do I listen for ? Do I begin with the top one and go down ? I did rebuild the carbs which was easy. I run a small engine shop for lawn mowers so I know a little about rebuilds. I have the engine on the boat and trailer and it is in a 55 gallon drum of water. Please help !

Run in water at idle, turn screw in till engine leans out then open 1/2 turn.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

Carburetor Adjustment

Thank's for the reply. The motor will not stay running long enough to adjust.
      I can speed it up and when I let it idle down...in a few seconds it will die. What are the starting adjustments for these carbs. I am starting out with 1 1/2 turns out. Is this about right ? Also do I just start with the top and work down ? If I am guessing right this might have to be done more that once-- right ? Also would running at idle in gear or in neutral ?
      Last edited by mowerman; 10-15-2013, 08:14 PM.

Comment

Usually about 1 to 1 1/2 turns
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

Carburetor Adjustment

Thanks once again ... you said to adjust while the engine is in idle ... would this be in gear or neutral position. You are a big help .... sorry about asking so much.

Comment

In gear is best if possible.
            Regards
            Boats.net
            Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
            X