Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil pump on Suzuki dt30c 1999

Hello there
    I have a problem with my Suzuki dt30c 1999.
    The engine idles fine but the problem is that it is not running clean from just above idle to full throttle….It’s like it’s getting too much fuel, and it is not running clean.
    I have cleaned the carbs 3 times, where they have been soaked overnight and use compressed air to blow out all the jets etc. I have done a link and sync. The filter in the oil line has been cleaned and a new fuel pump installed. I have checked all the electric parts and all of that is ok.
    Last time I was on the water I noticed that when I was trolling there was a lot of oil coming from the exhaust port. I measured the link rod from the carb to the Then I got to think that maybe the oil pump it pumping too much oil in the fuel and maybe that can be the problem. ??
    On the enclosed pictures you can see the fuel pump and the oil pump. On fig 7A, the fuel pump the hose from the oil pump goes on to the number 15 tree way. On the other fig, the oil pump I was thinking on replacing number 1C the o-ring and number 4 the gasket. Maybe the o-ring I leaking in to the engine??
    I don’t really know what to do any more and I hope that some of you guys can help me

Regards Jannik
    Attached Files

Oil pump may have a seal leaking oil into crankcase, but seal is not sold separate would have to replace pump.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

That is what i was feared, have you heard of this problem, because i can read on other posts that it is at really reliable system.
      Is it possible to take the pump apart and maybe find a small o ring, any thoughts on that?
      Jannik

Comment

Don't know where you could find a replacement seal but may be possible.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

Checked the reeds today and there was no cracks or any damage and they were airtight when i sucked in the intake hole.
          Also took the oilpump off today and there was no leak and the gasket and o ring were ok. Too it apart and it looked ok and tried it in the vice with a drill and it pumped oil out fine.
          When i had the carbs of anyway i cleaned them and did a small adjustment on the float, it was within spec but put them at the same hight.
          So now im back where im started and i don't know what to do, i think the next step is to take it to a dealer and let him try...
          If there is anyone with a good idear im am all ears:-)

Comment

Working...
          X