X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suzuki DF200 Can't get over 2,000 RPM's

Suzuki DF200 Can't get over 2,000 RPM's

Hi, my first post here!

I have a 2005 Suzuki DF200 Four Stroke on a 23 &1/2 SeaFox WA. When eveythings OK< I can get on plane, and do 4000 RPM's. This weekend I had the boat off shore fishing for 2 days, and out of the two days, twice I had the problem when I put it into gear, and went to get on plane, it wouldnt go past 2,000 RPM's. I shut the boat off, wait a few min, start it up, same thing, but then after a few try's, if I GENTLEY throttle up, I can get it to go over 2,000 RPM's, and once I do, I can get it upto 4,000 RPM's to run. Somtimes, I can start the boat up, hit the throttle, and she jumps upto 4000 + RPMS, outta the hole , and when shes running, it will run for over a hour off shore @ 4,000 RPM's with no issues. It seems to only happen when I go from idle spped, to get onto plane. I changed the water seperater, fuel filter's. Also added SEA FOAM to the gas tanks, and tried everything, and I'm affriad of needing the power to power through the inlet, and it not being there when I need it.

Any idea's before I bring it into Suzuki to look at? Also,, would a 2005 engine still be under warrenty with 100 hours on it? ( We just bought the boat 3 weeks ago )

Thanks for your help

if you are in the USA they only have 3 years warranty in oz we have 5 years for rec 1 year for commercial...

2000 rpm is not a fail safe problem it is a fuel problem, did you change the high fuel pressure filter after the vst,

there is a small filter in the vst on the bottom of the high pressure fuel pump that can be blocked with out having the pressure information i would clean the little filter in the vst as a starting point.

see here http://www.boats.net/parts/search/Su...TOR/parts.html
    the filter is number 27

try to get fuel that is not e10 as this is causing problems.
    Last edited by mitch; 08-02-2010, 08:19 PM.

Comment

when the problem occurs, I seem to get two beeps from a horn under the consoul also when I turn the key on.

How do I get to this filter, wheres the VST?

I'm pretty mechenicalley inclined, so I think I can replace it myself

PS, the boat sat for 8 months also before we bought it. When we first bay tested it, it wouldn't do anything, it would just die when we pushed the throttle foward. After cleaning some filters, etc, changing out the gas, it only does it somtimes now.

Also, if it were the high pressure fuel filter, wouldnt it do it all the time, not just some of the times?
      Last edited by fltekdiver; 08-02-2010, 10:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by fltekdiver View Post
        when the problem occurs, I seem to get two beeps from a horn under the consoul also when I turn the key on.

How do I get to this filter, wheres the VST?

I'm pretty mechenicalley inclined, so I think I can replace it myself

PS, the boat sat for 8 months also before we bought it. When we first bay tested it, it wouldn't do anything, it would just die when we pushed the throttle foward. After cleaning some filters, etc, changing out the gas, it only does it somtimes now.

Also, if it were the high pressure fuel filter, wouldnt it do it all the time, not just some of the times?
        Did you figure out what was wrong? Can you please provide an update?
        1999 Suzuki DF70TL

Comment

Originally posted by Anubus6 View Post
          Did you figure out what was wrong? Can you please provide an update?
          Yes, it was the filter # 27 as said above in the VST. I changed it myself, and ordered all the fuel filters at the same time, and all together it ran about $70.00 shipped for all the filters.

It took about 4 hours to change them all , including removing the VST etc. I had allot of sand like particals in the VST. The boat now planes out and runs over 5,500 RPM, and comes outta the hole like a bandit. It's like a brand new motor again, I can't belive for under $70.00 for the fuel fitlers, and a few hours of labor, what a difference it made

Good luck ! And if your handy, it's no biggie to do them., I didnt even use a manual

Comment

Working...
          X