DF 90 Prop issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF 90 Prop issues

Hello guys, thanks for having me on the site.

I have a 2007 DF90, only getting 30 to 32 mph out of her. Seems she is hitting 6000 RPM to do this, i know she should be peaking at 5500 RPM. She has a 13 1/4 X 17 Prop and I'm trying to understand how this works, but I think I want to go to a 13 1/4 X 19 to get more speed out of her. She's been great, had her since she was new on a 16' 10" Smokercraft Promag 162-shes a heavy boat but shes been great also. I didn't realize she was so slow until I have these smaller motors out running me and a freind with a new 90 hp running 40 to 45mph.
    Shes great out of the Hole but I would like the speed at WOT.

Looking for your opinion on getting a 13 1/4 X 19 SS prop.
    Any help would be great and appreciated-I walleye and Perch fish mostly and don't put here away till there Hard water lol.
    Thanks
    Tom

Rpm range on a DF90 is 4500-5500 rpm's , going up to a 19 pitch should get another MPH or so and reduce RPM's about 400
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

Thanks for the quick feed back, Its much appreciated.
      Its hard to find a 13 1/4 X 19 Prop, I was thinking about a 4 blade also.
      Can I use something different like a 13 or 13 7/8 4 blade and what would that do to my performanance.
      Another site is recommending a 14 X 21 ? Will that even fit?
      Thanks
      Tom
      Last edited by wallin; 10-21-2013, 02:44 PM.

Comment

Try contacting ken at propgods.com .
        Hes very experienced and most helpfull too. He sells props at good prices, but will help you with advice even if you dont buy from him.
        Bjørn

Comment

you probably wont get much more speed, because the RPM will be lower, but you will be operating the motor at its designed max RPM, if the bigger prop was spun at the same 6,000RPM, there would be a speed increase, but it wont, it will drop back to around 5,500ish, same speed, but less RPM, get the idea?

Comment

Working...
          X