Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF60a Tiller probs

morning all!!

i have a df60a on a tiller. when i make long runs....for me more than 10min... at wide open throttle my throttle gets sticky, like its binding or something.
    also when i pull up to the ramp and put the motor back into foward or reverse after a long run its as if the gear shift moves the throttle.
    i have yet to take it off and see if there's a set screw that's binding or something but just wanted to get opinions as to whether i should look on the engine side or the tiller handle side. ooooh.... also the tension screw on the outside of the tiller next to the throttle is loose and free when this happens. my first thought was that it was tightening up from vibration.

thanx !

If this is a newer model then should be a tension adjuster just behind grip at bottom of handle.
    Last edited by boats.net; 10-27-2013, 12:27 PM.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

its an 09. are you referring to the tensioning screw on the outside of the handle or inside? i know there's one on the outside and i've checked it multiple times. if theres one on the inside, would that interfere with the gear shifter as well?

thanx so much for the help!

Comment

It just has the one, if it's not idleing down all the way will be hard to shift.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

Originally posted by boats.net View Post
          It just has the one, if it's not idleing down all the way will be hard to shift.
          odd. its all the way down to idle. even after sitting at the dock for a while when i back the trailor in. hard to shift and revs the throttle when i put it in foward.

Comment

Originally posted by The Country Toad View Post
            odd. its all the way down to idle. even after sitting at the dock for a while when i back the trailor in. hard to shift and revs the throttle when i put it in foward.
            crazy thing is still doing the same thing. after a long run the throttle is sticky and hard to shift from neurtal to foward or reverse and when it does it revs the rpms.
            not sure what's going on or where i should look next.

Comment

is there a safety device in the throttle or tiller arm that keeps one from putting the motor in gear while at high throttle or when the engile is rev'd?

Comment

Working...
              X