DT40 Resurrection Help Wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DT40 Resurrection Help Wanted

Sold c*****n and bought me a very old Ski-boat - very early 80s - with a 5.7 V8 in it's bowels. After a few frustrating sessions at it, inbetween life and it's struggles, I gave up, got the V8 out and bought another very old engine. This time it's a DT40. I have all the bits, including controls. Yes, I've got a big installation job ahead but we'll maybe get that far.

The control unit has two 'switches' on it. Red and black cap-like things that go in said switches. No keyhole that I can see.

Anyone know how this should work?

What year is it? I have an 1988 DT40 and on my controller there is a keyed ignition switch and an emergency kill switch. Can you post a pic?

Comment

DT40 Trouble

Hi and thanks for replying. Forget the key thing....I just turn the black one and it starts the engine. Well it would if I had spark plugs, I hope. I just hope the CDI isn't broke as it will cost more than the boat and the engine are worth to get a new one.

Comment

OK, but check and make sure the other one isn't a kill switch, because after you install the spark plugs it wont start if you don't have the kill switch key on it. The kill switch key should be on a lanyard. Good luck.

Comment

Dt40 cdi

Got a new CDI and engine run great for a few hours then looks like the new CDI has gone too as there is no spark again.

Any ideas?

Comment

Working...
          X