07 Suzuki twin control trim issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 07 Suzuki twin control trim issues

Does anyone have any idea of what the issue may be?

I have twin 07 Suzuki 225 on my Triton WA. There is a switch on my controls that will allow me to operate my trim on both motors simultaneously, or I can switch it over to the 1 motor icon and it will allow me to adjust each motors trim individually. So here is the issue:

When I have the switch set on both motors, and I want to raise them, both motors come up like they should. However, when I lower them, only the port motor goes down. Here is the catch. If I hit the switch to work the motors individually, and raise and lower the motors, they both work perfect.
    Does anyone have an idea of what may be causing this issue? Could the switch be bad? It just started today. Thanks!!!!

It might be the switch, but it's hard to say without a schematic and additional testing. If, for instance the switch that selects dual or single control bypasses the individual switches, it could be in the wiring instead of the switch. In fact, it sounds more like a wiring problem to me than the switch, like a connector came loose. Is the switch a Suzuki item, or an accessory from another manufacturer?
    Last edited by Harper; 11-06-2013, 06:15 PM.
    Mike
    μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

The switch is on the suzuki control box, so I'm guessing a suzuki part. It did not do it yesterday, but did it today. Very weird. Are there connections I can check? Can I take the control box of the dash without issue?

Comment

I really don't know enough about the binnacle control, especially a dual control, to address your question as to difficulty, but I do know that there is at least as much to the control behind the dashboard as is visible atop the dash. Also, difficulty is a subjective call. What I find easy on my boat might be difficult on yours, and vice versa. And I'm not sure whether you'd have to take it out the dash to do your checks. But the key is going to be to get to the wiring and the connectors for voltage checks and continuity checks. Hopefully there are some more ideas out there from folks who are more familiar with your setup.
        Mike
        μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

Trim

Thanks for the info. I'm pretty handy so I'm confidential can do the work. I would just like to get a few pointers or things to look for or someone more knowledgable. Any and all pointers appreciated. Thanks

Comment

Working...
          X