Df300 interface issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Df300 interface issue

I have been trouble shooting the 3/6 code and was told that it may be the engine interface. I starting with updating the smis to the 2.5 version software. No luck! So today I replaced both interfaces. Followed the instruction to configure and had a tough time. After about the third time I was able to have the correct gauge read the correct engine but the fuel flows were reading 19.5 gph per side, vessel fuel flows were at 39 gph at idle. Reconfigured the tanks still no luck! Anyone with some advice ?? Please email me at choppyman@aol.com

Check all settings, see if set for gallons or litres, correct model engine and so on.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

Did all that, I put the old interfaces back on and back to normal but still getting the 3-6 check engine code. Latest from Suzuki is it may be the ecu. They want me to swop ecu's and see if it follows. If so it may be a bad ecu.

Comment

2.5 software combined with the latest interface cable software may not work that well with earlier Suzuki outboards.

Search this site and you will find at least 1 thread where people had similar problems and solved them by downgrading to earlier software versions on interface etc.

Comment

I'm running 2011 model. Now they are saying that software update 2.5.3 is coming that will fix the fuel flow issue.

Comment

FYI, finally figured out the 3/6 code. After changing interfaces, ecm's and updating sims gauges.......3 months of trouble shooting....Suzuki finally said to try changing the o2 sensor....... Bingo ! Hopefully the manual will be updated with this code. 3/6 code= bad o2 sensor.

Comment

Working...
            X