To fog or not to fog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To fog or not to fog

I read that fogging an EFI outboard is counterproductive because it can foul the delicate sensors and injectors.

Should I fog my DF90A prior to hibernation or not?

The manual does not mention anything about fogging under hibernation. It does mention fuel stabilization.

We remove plugs and put about an ounce of fogging oil in each cylinder, replace plugs, remove landyard cord so engine doesn't start and spin engine over a couple of turns to coat cylinder and rings with oil.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

Originally posted by boats.net View Post
      We remove plugs and put about an ounce of fogging oil in each cylinder, replace plugs, remove landyard cord so engine doesn't start and spin engine over a couple of turns to coat cylinder and rings with oil.
      Agreed, fogging oil in just the cylinders should do good.

However, isn't an ounce of oil (about 30 ml) too much?

Most places I've read mention 5ml.

Too much fogging oil can cause problems, including the serious hydrolock.

Thanks.

Antonio
      Last edited by asalcedo; 12-07-2013, 07:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by boats.net View Post
        After putting fogging oil in the cylinders, I turned the ignition key to ON, removed the lanyard cord (pulled out the emergency stop switch lock plate)and then turned the ignition key to START, but nothing happened, the starter motor did not operate. I think this behavior is by design, and is mentioned in the manual (Suzuki DF90A)

I resorted to pulling a rope around the pulley (like in the emergency starting) but it was hard to pull and the turns were jerky and short. Not very effective, it seemed.

I then removed the ignition cable from the ignition coil and switched on the starter motor for a couple of seconds. I assume this is safe. Correct?

Thanks,

Antonio
        Last edited by asalcedo; 12-07-2013, 07:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X