battery charger option for a dt 15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• battery charger option for a dt 15

Hello, I need to connect navigation lights to small boat powered with a 1999? two stroke DT 15 Suzuki outboard motor, "basic model" with no electric start, i think there are optional parts to do it, Am I right? if so, there is anybody who knows the part numbers needed to do it? the serial number of my old dt 15 is: 01501 031857.

I will truly appreciate any help

Best Regards to all of you

Would need to install a rectifier and wire to a battery, number 7 in this link 1993 DT15C Suzuki Marine Outboard OPT : ELECTRICAL (2) Diagram and Parts

Regards
    Boats.net
    Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

If you're just needing power for nav lights, you could use a set of portable LED nav lights that are battery powered & used mostly for inflatables. They are waterproof and last an extremely long time. They mount with a simple screw and wingnut or clamp. No wires, switches, burned out bulbs, or corroded contacts and are readily available when needed. You can get them at West Marine or any Marine store. The red/green mounts to your bow and the all around on a pole at the stern. Stow them with your other gear when not needed. Simple, quick and trouble-free. Food for thought.
      Mike
      μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

a fair number of years ago I had a Alumadrifter ..drift boat .. 15 hp merc
        for my fish finder I used a motorcycle battery ..battery was about 2 X 5 x 6
        recharged it at first of season and lasted all year
        Harpers thought on the LEDs makes sense .. and with portable battery no need to try to run off the motor and this would power your fish finder as well..

really similar to the one I used shows up at autozone for $39
        Duralast/5 5/16 in. L x 3 in. W x 6 1/8 in. H CB series motorcycle battery
        any local autoparts store would have something very similar
        art.

Comment

But connecting it directly to the battery could also drain the battery a lot. Hopefully it wont be a high consuming light. Preferably LED would be better.
          roomba 570

Comment

The LED nav lights are not big power hogs the ones I have seen are only 2.4 watts. If I run them much more than 1/2 hour it is because I forget to turn them off. I forget what site I saw them on bit do a search for -led nav lights- and there was a number of suppliers

Comment

Battery-charger-option for a DT15

I realize that this is an old post but if somebody should be interested in another solution , here it is : For a number of years I utelized SOLAR-LIGHTS (front and rear) . --- $1 ea. on Sale . --- Lately (last 2 years) a small deep-cycle-battery takes care of the chores . In order to maintain the battery I installed five 2.5 Watts solar-panels (for a total of 12.5 Watts) . The solar-panels were on Sale for $10 ea. --- The combined output of 12.5 Watts (~ 1 Amp. at 12 Volt) is sufficient to "feed" my GPS (Garmin) , my Sonar (Garmin) and the lights . --- OK --- , the lights aren't on very often , however , this set-up has served me well during the last 2 years . --- Since the total output is only 12.5 Watts a charge-controller is not needed ! --- My Sonar always indicates the available voltage ; the reading has never been below 12.8 Volt yet .

Comment

Battery charger option for a DT15

I'm curious ! --- What's that thumbs-down about ? --- Is that a sign of dis-approval or just plain ignorance (from some-one who hasn't tried it) ?

Comment

Working...
                X