Connecting 990C0-88147 engine interface cable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Connecting 990C0-88147 engine interface cable

I have a DF60 and want to connect the 88147 engine interface cable so I can connect to my Lowrance network. I am using analogue gauges at the moment. The Lowrance instructions say I need the Suzuki Reverse K8 adapter 990C0-88141 but the same instruction from the Suzuki site says I need the SMIS to SDS adapter 990C0-88136. Which one of these do I need and where on the engine do I find the Digital output connector and how do I identify it?
    Alternatively I could plug the wiring harness into the the Digital output adapter and connect the Engine Interface Cable to the connection at the helm position and just use the gauge readouts on the Lowrance. How do I do that?

What model year is your dF60? If it is pre 2008 then yes, you need the reverse K8 adapter. But if it is 2008 or later the SMIS to SDS adapter 88136 is what you need.

The plug you connect to on the engine is on the port side. Take the cowling off and it is about half way up, near the ECU. It is the same plug that the mechanic plugs their laptop into when servicing the motor. It usually sits in a small black rubber holder just there.

Comment

DF60 model

Thanks for the information. The outboard is brand new 2013. Do I need to take the lower cowling off to access the plug or is it accessible by just removing the top motor cowling?

Comment

Working...
      X