2000 df60 vs. df70

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000 df60 vs. df70

Recently had a ecu failure on my df70. Have found a used df 60 ecu and wondering if the df70 ecu could be replaced with one from a df60. Thanks for the help

did you try looking the up the part number for each motor?

Comment

If the fitting of both the ECU are the same then it will. Maybe some modification can be done to that to get it to fit?
      roomba 570

Comment

I searched the forum sponsors parts page and the df60 & df70 parts were listed together. The ecu's had a different part number but it appears the holder & wiring are all compatible. Spendy part$$$$$$

Comment

As they are different part numbers, i doubt that you will get a good result with the ecu for the 60 being installed on the 70.

At best you might get 60hp out of it. At worst, it might not work or it could do bad things.

Talk to your local dealer or parts supplier to see what they say, but be careful.

Comment

get yourself a copy of the repair manual
            since the parts for both motors are on the same microfiche page, I suspect the repair manual just might have both engines in the same book
            very similar to my DF175 manual that also covers the DF 150
            the manual should be able to tell you what technical differences there are between the two motors
            another suggestion .. send a note to the moderator of this forum- boat.net
            he should know the answer to this questoin or be able to obtain one for you.
            this is their business..

Art..............

Comment

If anyone out there has a 2000 df 70 ecu for sale please let me know

Comment

What about a ecu from a 98 df 70 out on a 2000 df 70

Comment

Working...
                X