Problems after engine overheating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems after engine overheating

My DF 140 overheated a few weeks ago due to a partially restricted thermostat and overdue replacement of the impeller. Since replacing those items, I am experiencing a loss of fuel pressure in the line between the primer bulb and the engine. This happens after shutting down after a run. When starting up again, I have to pump the primer bulb to get gas back into the engine for it to start and continue to run, I am also seeing the oil level in the crank case go down about 1/8 " on the dip stick with each outing and perhaps increased fuel consumption.

Does it appear that the overheating may have caused an internal problem, or are there any other suggestions as to the cause/fix of my problem? The fuel line to the primer bulb has been checked out and confirmed that there are no restrictions between it and the fuel tank. I previously had occasional problems with "vapor lock", but this is much different.

You can run a leak down test to see if have any problems in engine.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

Do the very simple things first, is the primer ball valve still OK? is the primer laying flat or dangling down? both these things will cause fuel to drain back when stopped, An EFI engine should not need to be primed at each start, the fuel system is sealed/closed and should not require priming.

Comment

The primer bulb and connecting line are new and the primer bulb lies horizontal. I may have to take the engine in for a run down check.

Comment

Yes , I think it is time for bringing it in for professional help.
          atlantarhinoplastycritic

Comment

Working...
          X