Replacing engine holder on 2002 df 140

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacing engine holder on 2002 df 140

Well, the dreaded ox sensor port rust through problem. I decided to change the engine holder and ended up having to cut off the head of one of the large bolts as not to break it off in the block. After 2 days and a whole can of blaster and a lot of map gas it is off. My question is as follows... When i got the powerhead up about an inch off the holder, i could see what turned out to be an o- ring sitting on top of the water passage/exhaust housing area on the holder. I took a tweezers and pulled it out and proceeded to lift the powerhead off. The o ring was a bit chewed up and discolored like it had been in saltwater. I have searched the parts lists from top to bottom and cannot find any reason an o- ring would end up there. Maybe it came in through the flush port from a garden hose or something but that's a long shot, to say the least!! I am concerned and a bit hesitant to put it back together before i am sure I haven't over looked this issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Not sure either, make sure it's an o-ring and not a piece of a seal.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

Cant understand or find a solution to your problem. Good luck!
      atlantarhinoplastycritic

Comment

Working...
      X