Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to fog an EFI engine

I want to fog my Suzuki DF90A

Mercury and many people say that to fog an EFI engine is not recommended because it can foul the injectors and sensors. Outboard Winterization & Storage FAQs | Storage & Maintenance Outboards FAQs | Mercury Marine

As a consequence, feeding the engine a mixture of stabilized gasoline and two stroke oil is said to be the best solution. (it can be done with an auxiliary tank, or by putting the two stroke oil in the gasoline water separator filter)

It sounds reasonable and I am willing to do it.

However, I am thinking, why not then put the two stroke oil in the air intake which is easier?

Thanks,

Antonio

We remove spark plugs and put about an ounce of fogging oil in each cylinder. Remove landyard cord so engine doesn't start up and spin engine over a couple of turns to coat cylinders, pistons and valves with oil.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

fogging a 4 stroke is useless. there is zo much oil in the engine that there is no purpose of doing so.

you only should take care of the fuel en put a good stabaliser in the fuel the last time you take the boat out on the water.

Comment

Working...
      X