DF 150 in storage for 1 year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF 150 in storage for 1 year

Shortly after purchase of my new suzuki I became ill and hospitalized . The engine has been in my shop and full of fuel(non ethonol) has 5 hrs on it. What recommodations for bringing it back to service.

If had stabilizer in fuel may be ok, if not drain VST and see how bad fuel smells. May have to drain gas tank and put fresh gas in it and may have to clean VST and injectors if gas has varnished up.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

What's vst ? Fuel filter separator ?

Not sure what the vst is all about????

Comment

Vapor separator tank on engine.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

I doubt it should have any problems. Just start using it and see.
          atlantarhinoplastycritic

Comment

why take a chance toss it out.

Comment

I agree with trajacpro. Throw it out, drain the VST. I have a 2006 DF150. It was in the shop for 16 months (Fiberglass Repair) It was running like a champ when it went into the shop. When I got it back.. It wouldn't run. VST was full of Yukki Sludge. High Pressure Regulator, Fuel Pump & Filter were just gummy with fuel sludge. If I'd known about draining the VST, I would have. I have an in-line spin-on fuel filter, but when the gas breaks down, its bad. All you need is a phillips head screwdriver. It's on the bottom of the VST. Usually has a clear drain hose attached. Its worth the effort. Do it. I ended up purchasing a complete new VST for $550.00. After pricing all the components that may be suspect, it was the best solution.

My 2 cents..

Comment

Working...
              X