2008 df 150

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2008 df 150

Problem: Engine will not turn over at all.
    Troubleshooting so far:
    1. Removed and replaced starter battery with new. (old battery 5yrs. old)
    2. Checked all fuses at fusebox all ring out ok with ohmmeter.
    3. Checked all in-line fuses all ring out ok.
    4. Engine is in neutral.
    5. All accessories work-bilge pump, lights and tilt located on motor. However
    tilt located on gear shift does not work.

Any help appreciated.
    Thanks

Getting power to the dash? Tach?

Comment

no power to speedo or tach however bilge and lights on auxiliary switches do work

Comment

Look at wiring connectors under dash
        See if one of the hot wire clips had come loose
        Seems my main power goes to dash then branches out
        I have a 175 and both motors are in the book
        Will look a bit further

Comment

Thanks for the input. At this point two things come to mind. How can I check to see if the key switch is properly closing circuit? When gear shift is in neutral is there a set of contacts that close with this action and how can I confirm neutral is engaged?

Comment

I know there is a switch Usually centers by just moving shifter a bit but that doesn't seem your problem with no power to gauges
            Here is another connection to check. Off the battery switch is a short pigtail with a connection to wiring to dash this corroded out on me However would not think you have some power to parts of dash if this failed
            I think your best bet is tracing the wiring from the shifter back to the power source
            Have you checked the emergency stop switch on the shifter? Make sure the clip is in place
            There is also a 15a inline fuse in the power line between battery and dash
            From wiring diagram the break is between the battery and shifter
            Art

Comment

This morning purchased on line service manual for $4.95 to assist me in electrical troubleshoot. Removed engine cover to examine neutral switch. As gear lever is manipulated from forward to reverse the cable connected to the neutral switch does not move at all. I can see wear marks on the plunger where it had previously been operational. Could this cable be broken? I attempted to manually close neutral switch with no success when key is twisted. Started to rain had to call it a day. Will start again with checking out key switch with process of elimination. Any ideas?

Comment

Neutral switch on motor should be controlled directly by cable from shift lever
                The one on the motor only feeds to the starter relay
                What you describe is no power to the ignition switch
                My book page 4/11 give a schematic of the starter system
                The other good thing to look at is the ground wire
                When you check the hot lead to the shift lever --follow the ground back as well
                Could be on a bus bar under dash
                Last edited by artdf175; 12-21-2013, 06:41 PM. Reason: Correction

Comment

Read the DF250 PTT starter thread

Comment

Richie.. just wondering if were able to find and fix the problem ?

Comment

Working...
                    X