2006 suzuki df25

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006 suzuki df25

my 25 hp 4 stroke runs fine in idle,but when i take off in forward after about 5 minutes the over rev-oil-temp light comes on ,shuts down one cylinder,and i have to shut down engine,however i can immediately restart and run about 100 yards,then it does it again,i have changes oil pressure switch,temp sensor,thermostat,completely flushed engine,had dealer look at it,couldnt find problem,,could the cdi unit be the culprit

Could be CDI or bad wire in harness.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

Same exact problem

Originally posted by beaver View Post
      my 25 hp 4 stroke runs fine in idle,but when i take off in forward after about 5 minutes the over rev-oil-temp light comes on ,shuts down one cylinder,and i have to shut down engine,however i can immediately restart and run about 100 yards,then it does it again,i have changes oil pressure switch,temp sensor,thermostat,completely flushed engine,had dealer look at it,couldnt find problem,,could the cdi unit be the culprit

Mine is a 2006 DF25 and having the same issues. When the light comes on I have to shut the engine off to go to normal operation. I am going through everything to figure it out any luck?

I have replaced the water pump, Oil Pressure sensor, Moved up to a 14 pitch prop. I have my temp sensor at the dealer being looked at right now.

PLEASE let me know what you find out

Comment

FYI my serial number is "02502F-681249" I wonder how close your engine is to mine. Let me know.

Nick

Comment

my serial # is 680138

Comment

I did a muriatic acid flush of the cooling system. I was shocked at how much crud was in the water jackets. I only run mine in fresh water and never flushed it after each use. I guess there is a bunch of crap in the river. I used a 33 percent solution to flush it out. (one part acid 2 parts water). It seems to have fixed my problem. no more overheating.

Comment

df 25

I have a 2007 25 that I bought new.Mine did the exact same thing when I ran it.My buddy bought the same boat ,motor combo.also a month later with the same problem!After a lot of head scratching and asking lots of questions,I solved the problem.All DF 25's are under propped from the factory.The motor would go into rev limit(red light,loss of power ect) as soon as you would get on plane.A friend loaned me a slightly larger prop,never had it go into rev limit again.Put same larger prop on buddies boat,solved his problem also.While at another Suzuki dealership buying a new prop,the parts guy tells me,"yea,this is a common problem with this size outboard.We sell alot of these slightly larger props!"I tried to get my original dealer to give (swap) me another prop,did'nt happen.Other than that,I love my 25 and have not had a problem since!

Comment

Originally posted by nicklentini1 View Post
                I did a muriatic acid flush of the cooling system. I was shocked at how much crud was in the water jackets. I only run mine in fresh water and never flushed it after each use. I guess there is a bunch of crap in the river. I used a 33 percent solution to flush it out. (one part acid 2 parts water). It seems to have fixed my problem. no more overheating.
                a well known issue with these motors is the cooling . a very small hole in the head gasket's is the problem. it is so small that it easely gets clogged. the acid solution is a good and simpel way to solve it. in my case i remove the gearcase and the thermostat en pump with a bilgepump the acid thru the system. the bilge pump connected to the pipe where normally the waterpump is connected. after a few hours of flushing it should be ok again.

Comment

Originally posted by pniksnut View Post
                  a well known issue with these motors is the cooling . a very small hole in the head gasket's is the problem. it is so small that it easely gets clogged. the acid solution is a good and simpel way to solve it. in my case i remove the gearcase and the thermostat en pump with a bilgepump the acid thru the system. the bilge pump connected to the pipe where normally the waterpump is connected. after a few hours of flushing it should be ok again.
                  That is an awesome idea!

Comment

Hi can you give more detail on doing the acid flush. Thanks

Comment

i explained one way in my former postthats is the most effective way in my appinion, but another way is to make a micturen of an acid with water. i use a strong hull cleaner en mix this with water in a big barrel in whitch a let the engine run at idle for a while until it reaches its working temperature. then let the engine soak for a night en start it again . this way the dirt kan come loose and flushed. after a few time's run the engine again on the boat to fush the accis solution out and test if it has done the trick.

the third way en to disassemble the thermostat. thats a big job on this engine because its located under the carburator. after the thermostat is removed end cleaned you can poor a pure hull cleaner flued into the thermostat housing, i've heard that this also can do the trick .

good luck

(pardon my englisch, i am dutch )

Comment

What was the fix? Beaver and Nick

Comment

Working...
                        X