Buy Suzuki Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suzuki DT200 1998 hard to start, any help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suzuki DT200 1998 hard to start, any help?

Hello,
    I have Suzuki DT200 and I'm finding very difficulty to let it start without fluding the carburetor with Carburetor Cleaner or putting petrol in the ballers

Is there any starting procedures for the Suzuki DT200 ? I can see in the Throttle Control switch starting engine, written "Press to Choke".. Do I need to press it all the time before it get started?

How I can rule out the issue is from Choke or something else?

Regards

Seems old post, but answering anyhow, maybe someone else gets some benefits from this.

I have older DT200 with similar problems, reason was stuck starter valve (choke). The choke system was located on my engine behind the oil reservoir, and with one screw you could take out the valve itself. Pressing the "choke button" moves the needle on that valve. If its stuck, then it won't work. You can test it in your hand (if your friend is there to hold the valve), don't loose that needle!.

I decided to ditch the whole system and replaced it with simpler Evinrude choke system. Reason was money as the valve costed 160€ here in Finland. That was 2004 or something like that, today I would have bought new valve from internet.

Comment

Working...
    X