Suzuki dt65 water in spark plugs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suzuki dt65 water in spark plugs.

So I had an accident in my boat, it got a washed from incoming tide and my boat ended up with a lot of water inside it, and it seems the motor did too. I seem to have water coming out of my spark plugs, I try to fire the motor up and it just won't start. I checked the spark plugs and noticed that there is a few drops of moisture/water on them, so I dried and cleaned them, turned the motor over without them in and a fair bit of moisture came out. I looked inside the carbies and there is a little moisture in there aswell, I turned it over and continued to clean the spark plugs as they got wet. I don't have any water coming out of there now but it still won't start. I've cleaned the carbies, and it still seems like the fuel isn't reaching to spark, I've checked the fuel filter and pump etc and it is definitely flowing through to the cylinders. I tried some aerostart, it does spark the plugs but the motor still won't kick off on the fuel. Does anyone have any ideas why now there is no water? Please need some help!

Need to get water out as soon as possible, Remove spark plugs open throttle fully and crank engine over to get water out. If engine was running when went under water it may have hydrolocked and twisted crankshaft, if thats the case it wont run.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
    X