dude with a piece

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dude with a piece

2005 DF250Z Suzuki Marine Outboard TRANSMISSION (DF200Z,DF225Z,DF250Z) Diagram and Parts
    in this site, i have a problem with number12 parts because there are diferents sizes. i need one of them to order .i have an outboard df 250 zx, 2005 please help me, thanks.

from the diagram it looks to be just a spacing shim
    unless you were having a problem with the previous shim just
    measure the old part.. remember the sizes are expressed in metric
    ie. first shim listed is .90 or 0.90mm
    If your spacing is off.. then you still need to measure the old shim and adjust your spacing accordingly

Comment

What Art said might work, but you've not told us why you have the gearcase apart in the first place, or whether you've replaced other parts in its reassembly. The shims have to be sized according to the correct backlash and mesh of the gears. Even a shim of the same thickness might not be correct if you have changed anything (any other shim, or any of the gears). If you have never rebuilt and set up an automobile differential, I would suggest to you that you take your lower unit to a good outboard mechanic and let him do it. It is not something that can be done willy-nilly, and requires some Prussian Blue to view the mesh pattern, along with a dial indicator, and likely a whole set of shims, so that you can make the necessary adjustments to the fit of the helical gears. Set up is not an easy job, even for one with experience. It takes those special tools, a lot of patience, and very often several rounds of disassembly/reassembly. I've worked on the Dana 44 rear axle on my truck, and it's not something that I would relish doing often.
      Last edited by Harper; 01-03-2014, 04:48 PM.
      Mike
      μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

Working...
      X