• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thermostats??

Anyone with thoughts on using a 71 C thermostat vs the 60C
    Where I use my boat most water is 55F-60F degrees
    Art

I have installed one in my DF 140. I have had no problems with it but have used it only about a half dozen trips. Even 71 degrees C is low for internal combustion engines in my opinion. I have had some minor problem with it making oil with the old thermostat after prolonged trolling. I have not seen any change in oil levels with the new thermostat. I just pulled the boat out on new years day.

Comment

I know that we are talking quite different weather conditions, but for what it is worth, here in Australia, pretty much the standard thermostat is the 70C version.

My DF 115, once warmed up, runs consistently at 72-74C at fast cruise speed revs 4200-5500rpm.

Water temp here ranges from a cold (haha!) 17C to a warm 32C on hot days in the shallows.

Grant

Comment

60C = 140F. 71C = 160F
        There was a comment not to long ago about the 71C thermostat that was positive last parts order I had them send me one
        When I warmed up motor yesterday it came right up to that reading
        Seemed to run just fine. Sometime the next week I plan to get the boat put and run it for an hour
        There must be a reason that Suzuki offers both on the parts list but why?
        Thanks for the input
        Art

Comment

Working...
        X