Engine Interface

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine Interface

Hello, I am new to the site and was wondering if anyone knows what interface plug I need to connect with my Garmin 840s. I have the starter kit for the NMEA 2000 cables but need to plug into the motors which are the Suzuki 2004 140hp 4 strokes. would like to be able to read the engine diagnostics, (hours, temps, tach,fuel use, etc.)

It would be well worthwhile you having a read of this info on the Lowrance website. Lowrance actually manufacture the engine interface and cables you will need for Suzuki, and there are excellent diagrams there to help you out that will greatly assist your understanding.

http://www.lowrance.com/Global/Lowra...Connection.pdf

The part numbers on that document have been updated, and now, for each engine, you will need:

Suzuki interface cable: Suzuki Outboard 990C0-88147 Modular Instrument System Engine Interface - Browns Point Marine Service, LLC

And because yours are pre-2008 models, a reverse K8 adapter cable: Suzuki Outboard 990C0-88141 SIMS Reverse K8 Adapter - Browns Point Marine Service, LLC

So with twin engines, two of each of those cables. You connect the interface cable to the adapter cable, and plug the adapter cable into the SDS port on the engine (same round plug the mechanic plugs their laptop into).

The other end of the interface cable can plug into a T piece from the kit you have.

Comment

Thank you for all the information and for the quick reply.

Tbirdkidd

Comment

Alternatively you can call or write directly to the Browns Point and they will suggest you the right parts for your equipment and engine.

I did that some months ago and they sent me the right parts
        If you are not thoroughly confused, you have not been thoroughly informed.

Comment

Working...
        X