DF50 ignition/kill switch problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF50 ignition/kill switch problem

Hey guys, was just chasing some advice and knowledge. Last I week I had the boat out an at one point the engine wouldn't turn over. Turned the key the buzzer sounded and the gauges lifted but no crank. I turned the key a few more times an and she started up an I motored back to the ramp.

At first I thought it might be the neutral start switch but today I was out playing around with it an couldn't get it to do it again but i discovered that the engine some times fails to cut out when the safety lanyard is pulled out and a few times it started with the lanyard not on clipped in it all. I'm yet to open up the side mount control box for a look as the previous owner has stripped the heads of the screws which I will need to replace. Now I know my way around a boat but by no means a expert in this issue.

Can an any one help me out with what I most likely will be looking for that I might not pick up. I'm hoping it will be the kill switch it's self or a loose/corroded wire some where.

cheers

May have a broken wire inside main engine harness(between ign. switch and engine).
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
    X