No announcement yet.

Fuel premium vs regular ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Engine manufacturers almost always make a recommendation about the minimum octane rating for engines. Octane ratings of unleaded fuel can degrade quite quite quickly sitting in fuel tanks and we see that happen here especially in the hotter climates and the result is detonation and the resultant engine damage.

I stand by my original assessment of the advice offered by Szkfixer. Same as Mike, I have never seen damage done by using fuel of a higher than recommended octane rating. Depending on the engine you may or may not get a performance advantage, sure, but damage? No way. We are talking about relatively standard types of engines here, not cutting edge race motors, and even then.......

As i also stated in my original response to Art, fuel is different in each country. Here the higher octane blends certainly do include different and more additives than the standard version and are promoted widely for their benefits in cleaning fuel systems.

Mike, sorry if my somewhat direct rebuttal of the opinion offerer by Szkfxr offended. I do tend to call a spade a bloody shovel! Everyone has a right to their opinion and to share it, just as I have a right to call it for what it, in this case, clearly is.

No further comments will be coming from me on this issue either.

Comment

I may have get too deep into conversation.
      All I am trying to say is fuel additives make better sense to me than higher octane fuel moneywise and otherwise.
      Weather one will listen or not - it's not up-to me.

Comment

Working...
      X