Engine harness ver.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine harness ver.

Have twin DF175 s With LMF 400 the software version is 2.3. Can I read the interphase software version using the LMF 400 Ihave tried but can not get to the page that shows ver.#. The harnesses are the latest from Suzuki.Fuel #s off the chart. Thanks John

Originally posted by Mythmaker View Post
    Have twin DF175 s With LMF 400 the software version is 2.3. Can I read the interphase software version using the LMF 400 Ihave tried but can not get to the page that shows ver.#. The harnesses are the latest from Suzuki.Fuel #s off the chart. Thanks John
    for sure you can do it through your lowrance plotter.
    make sure that engines are powered and then access the network menu by pressing menu, menu, network, network devices, then highlight the Suzuki devices, it will then bring up a screen showing details including the software version, which should now be vers 2.30.
    If you are not thoroughly confused, you have not been thoroughly informed.

Comment

Lmf 400

LMF 400 is a gauge not a plotter.

Comment

just what do you use for your chartplotter?
        a gage is just a gage.. it is not going to be able to tell you what is in your system..

Comment

LMF 400 is a gauge not a plotter.
          I know that MLF 400 is a gauge and I do not think that you could see the version through it
          If you are not thoroughly confused, you have not been thoroughly informed.

Comment

let me first apologize .. when I first looked up the "gauge" it looked like just a gauge
            you are asking about "interphase" software.. or do you mean "interface"
            since you are using v 2.3, it does not appear there is any other software running..
            the harness itself is just a harness and requires no software.

http://www.lowrance.com/Root/Lowranc...222_111506.pdf

page 19 system setup menu page 23 NEMA info
            page 48 details engine interface configuration
            if you are using the "interface" cable for fuel vs the EP-10 fuel flow see page 58
            very detailed instructions
            if you have had the ep-10 fuel flow meter and now using the engine interface to get fuel readings directly from engine ECM .. make sure it is configured as such..
            hope that helps

Comment

MM, The LMF 400 gauge will not read the version of software on your engine interface. I tried that, too, but all it will show is that you have the engine (via the interface) connected to the NMEA 2000 network. My Garmin GPSMAP 546s shows the version of my interface (2.5.0), so assuming you have some brand of chartplotter that is connected to your NMEA 2000 network, and it has a page that shows what devices are also on the network, hopefully you can read the interface version with that.

My LMF400 is also ver 2.5, by the way, and is brand new. So even the newest LMF 400 will not read the software version of your interface. Your engine interface version will probably be 2.3 or 2.5 if you purchased it within the last 3 years or so. If older than that, it might be an earlier version. I've had both versions on mine, the first was a 2.3, and I replaced it because I had originally purchased it at a time when Suzuki was not showing any interface for the 2007 DF150/175 (at the time they were advertising interfaces for up to 2006, or 2008 and newer, just skipping 2007 altogether). Brownspoint marine had worked up one for me at that time, but it didn't show all functions that I thought it should, so I replaced it January of last year. So if you purchased yours a year or two ago, it's likely ver 2.5 also.
              Last edited by Harper; 01-13-2014, 05:46 PM.
              Mike
              μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

Lmf 400

LMF 400 new Nov 2013 software is ver 2.3. Harness new Nov 2013 engines DF 175 2011. Going try and borrow a lowrance plotter from a friend. Engine interface # 990Co-88147 which is the latest from Suzuki. If any one is using this part # interface cable and running a plotter could you check the software version. Thanks For Your Help, JOHN

Comment

Mythmaker

It is almost certain that the reason for the crazy fuel numbers is an incompatibility between the software version on your LMF gauge and the software running on your Suzuki engine interface cables (yes, there is software embedded in these cables!).

Have a read of this info:
                  Suzuki - LOWRANCE | Marine Electronics

Read the part highlighted in red that addresses this very issue.

Then contact Lowrance customer support and ask their recommendation as to what you should do.

It is quite easy to change the software versions running on either the interfaces or the LMF but to do it, you will need to temporarily connect a Lowrance GPS screen that has a SD card in it to your network. Something like a HDS5 will do the job. Or, you could take it to your local dealer and get them to sort it out for you as they can do this via their laptop.

I would suggest that you could start by updating the LMF software to the latest version of the Suzuki SMIS software that is available at the link i posted above. Then redo the configuration, and test to see if it fixes things. If not, then try changing the interface software version and see what happens. It could be a bit of trial and error.

Comment

LMF 400 new Nov 2013 software is ver 2.3. Harness new Nov 2013 engines DF 175 2011. Going try and borrow a lowrance plotter from a friend. Engine interface # 990Co-88147 which is the latest from Suzuki. If any one is using this part # interface cable and running a plotter could you check the software version. Thanks For Your Help, JOHN
                    Engine interface # 990C0-88147 is the interface that I am using. It is loaded with ver 2.5.
                    Mike
                    μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

"(yes, there is software embedded in these cables!)."

I stand corrected..
                      I am thinking it might be smarter for Lowrance to embed the software directly into the units .. then all they need is a dumb cable to tie engine/chartplotter together..all the software being upgradeable through the chartplotter.. but then again, I am not an engineer..

Comment

Originally posted by artdf175 View Post
                        "(yes, there is software embedded in these cables!)."

I stand corrected..
                        I am thinking it might be smarter for Lowrance to embed the software directly into the units .. then all they need is a dumb cable to tie engine/chartplotter together..all the software being upgradeable through the chartplotter.. but then again, I am not an engineer..
                        Different brands of outboards require different software. Lowrance's LMF 400 is used on several different brands. There's an interface cable for the Evinrude, for Mercury, Suzuki, etc. All use the same gauge, all require different software. Ergo, different software in the engine interface, as well as different connectors to match the motors' connection ports. Then of course, the data flow from each different outboard has to be converted to the standard NMEA 2000 format to be readable by any NMEA 2000 compatible device.
                        Last edited by Harper; 01-14-2014, 01:44 PM.
                        Mike
                        μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

Working...
                        X