No announcement yet.

oil light and buzzer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bigisland in reading service manual further does not recommend taking the CTP switch off or disturbing it. Factory calibrated and no parts available for service
    Says if the switch fails the throttle body assembly must be replaced.
    There is a half page section on the service manual on connecting a meter and the slowly opening and closing throttle and watching the output
    Art

Comment

Thanks for all the response guys but I need to apologize for not mentioning that the ecm on this motor is is off a 2008 motor.The motors are actually 2003 but I had the ecm fail on me and was able to get a second hand 2008 which have been running great until now.I was able to clear the oil service light with four pulls instead of three that was mentioned in the 03 manual and I only have a manul for the 2003 so am wondering if the codes are different on the 2008 ecm.....

Comment

I finally took my boat to a local shop.The owner/mechanic hooked it up to his computor and the only thing came up was a check rectifier regulator fuze which cleared after awhile and the alarm and one beep went away.He checked the fuse etc.He admits he really did not do anything as I was there also and stated that the alarm could come back which it did when I started it up at home after a couple times and now it won't clear again.He is puzzled with the codes also.He stated that I could probably run it but I would rather find out whats going on.Could somthing be going on with the rectifier regulator and does that code make sense on a 2008 ecm as I mentioned in the previous thread? Mahalo (thank you)

Comment

Working...
        X