Flywheel removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flywheel removal

I have a Suzuki 2 stroke 150 hp engine that has set up for several months. New spark plugs and fresh gasoline. I am thinking the flywheel contacts are rusted.
    How do I remove the flywheel with typical tools.

Thanks, T T form Port Sulphur, La.

Rust on magnets of flywheel don't usually cause any problems.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

you need a good quality automotive or marine gear puller..KD makes a good one..To remove the main nut, you need to keep the flywheel from turning..I made an anti-rotation tool from some flat steel stock about 3 feet long and drilled the mount holes on site A 2nd person to hold the flywheel helps when removing the nut. Then spray the mount cone with a good penetrant..let sit for a day and use the puller while LIGHTLY tapping on the mount cone, the flywheel will pop off. A spare nut on the threads will reduce the chance of damage while tapping..If your not mechanically handy..don't do it.

Comment

Originally posted by boats.net View Post
        Rust on magnets of flywheel don't usually cause any problems.
        You are correct. I just learned that they are not made like my 1978 Johnson. Thanks, while I still haven't got it running. I took off the flywheel and stator coil and took them into the dealer for a check and found them to be ok. Gotta keep looking. There is no spark to the spark plugs and none to the coil. The stator checked out good. Can FUSES prevent a spark?
        Thanks again

Comment

Working...
        X