Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suzuki 6hp silver

Hi all
    not sure of model of this outboard but is old, silver in colour 6hp suzuki...
    I just bought this outboard at Xmas was running really well but did notice the impeller was not pumping much water at idle.. So replaced it with a new impeller and gasket... But still the same almost no water pumping out at idle .. So pulled down the bottom end again and pumped compressed air up the water tube to clear any dirt ect ..all clear.. Plugged the water outlet with my finger and pumped compressed air into the bottom of the tube and air was comming out somewhere up near the engine!! Should this be air tight/water tight ????
    Thinking water is escaping before the engine cooling system??
    Any help much appreciated.. .

It wouldn't be air tight, could be plugged water passages in engine, water pump housing bad or bad water tube seals.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

Hi thanks for you reply
      how can I check the top end of the water tube and it's grommet ??
      Can I just pull it out from the bottom with the gear case removed or will It then be impossible to put back in..
      I can't see an easy way to inspect the top section with out removing the engine from the mid section..
      And it's a Dt6 approx 1996 model

Comment

Have to remove head and inspect, would have to pull engine to check water tube.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

Thanks ............................

Comment

Working...
          X