140 4 stroke oil cooler problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 140 4 stroke oil cooler problems

got salt water in my oil, everyone said cracked head or head gasket! turned out to be oil cooler was caked with salt. I do not see anywhere were this is mentioned as a maintance issue, anyone else have this problem or heard of this problem, also I have pulled plug in motor bracket that has rust out problem , I quess there are two mine was fine but when I go to get new one they want to sell me the same steel plug? is this true put back the same problem ! my motor is a dt-140 2002 any help with this would be great tore hole engine down looks salvageable but do not want to go thru this again had about 550 hrs on it

What you called salt deposits was likely aluminum oxide or corrosion. Salt will dissolve immediately when in contact with water. Sounds like you might want to flush with fresh water after every use.

The aluminum plug to replace the steel one can be bought from g o l d plug.com . Send them an e-mail and tell them you want the aluminum plug for the DF 140 Suzuki. They will ship it to you. Eliminate the spaces in the web site address. This forum will not allow the word g o l d. What is that all about?
    Last edited by nelbur; 02-05-2014, 05:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X