Intermittent miss at cruise DT225

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intermittent miss at cruise DT225

My 2003 DT225 has started to get a mid and high throttle intermittent miss. I will be cruising at 4000 rpm and all of a sudden I will drop 200-300 rpm for a minute of so then goes back to normal , the fuel flow will increase from 11-12 gph to around 15-16 when its missing and then it all goes back to good. It seems to do it after its been driven for 20 or 30 minutes, almost never when just starting out. I have checked the fuel tank pump ball and its solid so i'm getting fuel. There is no water in my racor bowl and the filter only has 20-25 hours on it. I think its a coil problem because I run 2 plugs per cylinder off each coil and I can see a coil being intermittently good/bad more easily than 2 plugs fouling and unfouling at the same time.

MY main question is can my computer identify if a coil or possibly fuel injector stops working electrically for short periods of time. It has not made any "alarm" noises or lit any lights on my multifunction gauge but it would be nice to pin down which coil or injector might be bad. I will pull the plugs today but don't expect to see to much since the the problem is sporadic and 2 stroke plugs are wet all the time...thanks for the help

no the ecu is not going to show it , will only show alarm events have you tried checking the plug leads

This is going to be a bugger to find you are going to have to work out which cyl is dropping out

Comment

Hy,have yo read my thread "warning", ido not now if the 225 have these butterfly valves,but that is what our engine did when we had the problem with the loose screws,because the valve did not open completly or not at all.
      If they have these valves you better chequie them.
      Sorry for the spelling mistakes i'm from Belgium(small country in Europe lol).

Comment

Suzuki DF 225 (2004-2010) Fig. 19 - Throttle Body
        Just had a look on the net,the 225 has got these valves,so better have a look at them.
        Good luck.

Comment

I took the plugs out yesterday and they all look good. All the plug wires look good and "click" when pressed on the plug end. I took the cover off to get to the coils...they all look brand new and all the input and output wires seem secure and dry. I'm assuming its not a blocked injector because when its running normal, I make my wot and cruise numbers with normal fuel flow. I think its an electrical problem more than a mechanical one because it goes good to bad and back with no warning...usually mechanical problems don't fix themselves. If I did have an injector that was going bad electrically...would there be any other indications of that cyl running lean? I ate one back when the engine was new and it melted a hole in the piston almost immediately. This has happened enough that I think if I was losing fuel to that cyl it would have damaged itself by now. Also the fuel flow goes up 3 or 4 gph when it happens. I would think a bad injector would drop fuel flow

Comment

Hey

any1 know where a good place to buy a suzuki dt 225 lower unit?
            if so contact me at 510-672-3434

Comment

Working...
            X