2001 DF70 exhaust manifold sensor alarm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2001 DF70 exhaust manifold sensor alarm

New to this forum as I am a previous Yamaha owner. Took my recently purchased used boat out last weekend and the motor had an alarm. Looked back and it wasn't pissing. First thought was trash on the lower unit. Unfortunately it was clean. Got a tow back to the ramp and dropped the lower unit next day to find out the water pump impeller was due for repacement years ago. I replaced and hooked up to the hose and everything looks good. Water coming out of foot, exhaust, and pisser but alarm is still going off. It beeps once then the light flashes and pauses then flashes five more times. Looked in the service manual and it indicates a exhaust manifold sensor. Tried disconnecting the battery for about ten minutes and the alarm still sounds upon startup. Does anyone have any ideas on how to reset or should I take to the Suzuki shop? Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Once I learn these Suzuki's I will be more than willing to share my knowledge.
    Thanks for any assistance in advance.

try turning key on and pulling emergency lanyard 3 times in 10 seconds does it do this before you start engine

Comment

Working...
    X