Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suzuki engine interface - differenct versions for different engine years

Hi all

There have been a number of threads here on the Suzuki forum and other forums such as THT where people have experienced problems with recently purchased Suzuki NMEA2000 engine interface cables, when used with engines built earlier than 2013/14.

The problem most frequently reported is wildly inaccurate fuel flow and fuel used data. All other engine data appears to be normal.

The problem has been confirmed by Suzuki here in Australia as being caused by the most recent interface software that is installed on these cables, Version 2.7.0. This version works fine with 2013/14 engines, but not with earlier engines.

I had figured this out myself as well, and we had found that overwriting that software with an earlier version, either V2.30 or V 2.5.0, solved the problem.

Suzuki in Australia have now advised me as follows:

Brand new engines are supplied with Ver 2.7. Dealers have the option to order either Ver 2.5 or 2.7 upon order.

Ver 2.5 is used on 2012-2011 and earlier
    Ver 2.7 is used on 2013-2014

Dealers in Australia have been informed of this.

So the message is clear: if you buy a new Suzuki engine interface cable, make sure the dealer you buy it from supplies you with a cable with the correct software installed on it, as per the above, to suit the engine you will be using it with.

Cheers

ML
    Last edited by Moonlighter; 02-23-2014, 11:44 PM.

Thanks Moonlighter, I am just about to try and set up my DF250 (2004 model) with NMEA gauges (lowerance LMF400) for fuel usage and this is the sort of information I need.

Comment

Can anyone confirm if part number 990C0-88147 currently ships with the Ver 2.7 software for 2013/2014 engines? I'm installing a DF140A and am trying to avoid the software challenges in advance.

thank you

Comment

Most likely it does. But you should check with your supplier and ask them to verify the software version it has installed - some may have old stock that could be V 2.5.0.

Also, Suzuki here have released V 2.8.0 which is claimed to be compatible with all years, but it needs to be configured to your engine year manually to be safe. You can install and configure the cable yourself IF YOU HAVE A LOWRANCE or SIMRAD DISPLAY, or A LMF 400 OR A SUZUKI Smis gauge on your network.

If you dont have one of these on your network you should ask your supplier to pre-configure the software to your engine year and horsepower before they send it to you.

Cheers

ML

Comment

Thanks Moonlighter.

Deleted my errant post... I had read information about a fellow's boat, where the boat had twins. My apologies.
          Last edited by Marko888; 05-01-2014, 07:52 PM.

Comment

No, that is completely wrong, if you are talking about a boat with a single engine. You only need one interface cable per engine. Twin engines will require one each, and so on.

To keep the standard analogue gauges working, and at the same time have a NMEA 2000 network with your chartplotter showing engine data, you connect the interface cable to the SDS port on the engine. Requires a adapter cable, which you can buy from Suzuki, or you can make your own.

Have aread of my post on The Hull Truth, tells you everything you need to know.

Suzuki NMEA 2000 newtork + standard Suzuki gauges - it can be done - The Hull Truth - Boating and Fishing Forum

Comment

Working...
            X