Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spark Plugs get wet after 5 mins on water

Hello,
    I have an 1980's DT50 outboard and I have cleaned the Carb's and set the air screw according to the manual engine runs fine in barrel but when I go out on the water it runs for about 5 mins and then it dies pull out plugs both drenched dry them off engine restarts and runs for same time and cuts again I have adjusted air screw in and out according to book but it still wets the plug I have adjusted the float height to the manual specs I am just not getting anywhere am I missing something or are my jets and nozzles just worn out and can't be adjusted to work properly The weird thing is it starts on the button and runs well but it just keeps cutting after a few mins on the water on half or full throttle can anyone help me with this or have any of you come across this before thanks Dan

Check fuel pump for ruptured diaphrams, check to see if losing spark on any of cylinders when shuts off.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

I checked out the fuel pump diafram they seem to be ok fuel is getting to carb no problems there its the plugs that foul up with oil I put in new plugs set the air screw out 11/4 turns out on both carbs and its still wetting them after a 5 min test in barrel when it runs there is a loud sucking sound from carbs like its getting too much fuel I don't want to lean it out too much

Comment

Watch spark at plugs with a timing light to see if loosing fire.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
        X