new member with a 1986 dt40c.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new member with a 1986 dt40c.

Hello, new member here. Proud owner of a 1986 dt40c. It is on an avon 4 meter inflatable. I'm a good mechanic, but new to outboard motors. I would like to do a tune up. Just a general cleaning and baseline tune up. I need controls and a new steering cable. How do I measure, is it an obvious end to end measurement?, and are all suzuki controls compatible? I have done the requisite searches, but need the guidance of the all knowing suzuki gods.

If it has a rotary steering helm, measure sleave to sleave(just the plastic insulation part of cable) of cable and add 18" round up to nearest foot. If rack steering system add 30".
    Number 1 in this link is remote control, 1986 DT40C Suzuki Marine Outboard REMOTE CONTROL Diagram and Parts
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

Originally posted by boats.net View Post
      If it has a rotary steering helm, measure sleave to sleave(just the plastic insulation part of cable) of cable and add 18" round up to nearest foot. If rack steering system add 30".
      Number 1 in this link is remote control, 1986 DT40C Suzuki Marine Outboard REMOTE CONTROL Diagram and Parts
      Thanks, got it ordered!

Comment

Working...
      X