DF 115 Tilt/trim problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF 115 Tilt/trim problem

When I try to tilt the engine up to remove the towing support bracket it will not move. I can manually override by letting pressure off system and remove the bracket. Once I have done that the tilt/trim works OK. It had been working fine. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions to the cause/fix for this problem.

Is trim motor running? have you checked fluid level?
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

DF !!% Tilt/Trim Problem

When the motor is up for towing with the transom support in place is when it doesn't work. When I put the support in place I lift the motor up and place the support and lower the unit to the bracket; but when I try to reverse the sequence to remove the support it will not go up. Once I get the bracket out of the way it works fine. I have not checked the fluid yet (assumed it was OK since it works other than in this situation).

Comment

There's an up limit switch, a little tab in the middle of the swivel bracket, that limits the up travel. You probably have to adjust to allow the motor to tilt up a bit higher. Move the tab up (opposite the direction that the swivel bracket would move when raising the motor) to allow the tilt to go higher.
        Mike
        μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

I will give that a try. Thank You

Comment

Working...
          X