New to Suzuki

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to Suzuki

I recently purchased a 2014 250ss. This is my first Suzuki, and have been happy with it. I have a few questions for which I'm hoping to find answers.

What is the pink hose hanging off the front of the motor?

There is a small-gauge wire from the motor to the battery, and it has a plug for a wire harness spliced into it. What is the purpose of this plug?

I bought a quick connect flush kit (990C0-40000) with the motor. It appears if I leave the male end in the motor while operating the motor, water will pee out of it, where the original plug does not allow water to pee from that location. Am I accurate by saying that? Can I leave the male end screwed into the motor while operating the motor?

I don't know anything about the pink hose.

What color is the "small gauge" wire? If its white, then I think it should be connected to the positive battery terminal. I am thinking it might be the sub battery cable, a 14 gauge white wire that connects to the positive battery terminal, and provides power directly to the ECM through the ECM relay when the key is turned on. If you had the DF250 installed by a dealer, your best bet would be to take it back to him and specifically ask about the sub battery cable. If it is the sub battery cable, and remains unattached to the battery, you will probably start having issues with starting before too long, due to insufficient voltage to the ECM during start.

You cannot leave the quick disconnect on the engine. I've personally never seen any purpose for the kit, except to be able to attach the hose without twisting it up (which admittedly is a bit difficult). In any case, it's the same hose quick connect you can buy in any hardware store for $1.50.
    Mike
    μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

I think the thin clear pink hose is the water .pressure tube for the pitot - this shows water speed on the speedo dial.

There will be a join somewhere there on/near the engine to a black tube that runs up to the speedo - if your boat is fitted with one. If no speedo gauge is installed, then it will be blanked off and go nowhere.

Comment

I suspect the clear pink hose may be a drain tube from the fuel vapour seperator tank - **** coloured object at front (boat end) of powerhead.

Comment

How odd. It seems that I'm not allowed to write the name of a high-value metal, chemical symbol Au, first in Olympic medal ranking system, on this forum. Any particular reason for this, moderators?

Comment

This is par for the course for this forum site, Russ. And forget about ever getting any satisfaction from moderators. Watch this ..I can't even type the word a-d-m-I-n-I-s-t-r-a-t-o-r (and I didn't capitalize the I, the spell corrector did that!) here's that word .. *****istrator.

See what I mean?

Here's the abbreviated word a-d-m-I-n ....*****

All done by the forum programmer .... GIGO
            Last edited by Harper; 03-19-2014, 09:37 AM.
            Mike
            μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

I think the wire is white. It has black electrical tape all the way to the end, but I'm pretty sure the wire is white. The wire is connected to a positive battery terminal. The plug is either spliced to the wire, or has it's own wire under the black electrical tape. My first thought was that it's for the addition of an hour meter (which I don't have).

After typing the question about the quick connect, I sat the picture in the top right corner of the screen on this page which shows the back side of a 300 Suzuki. It appears in the picture that the motor is running with a quick connect inserted in the flush port. The picture shows a "clean" stream (as it normally would) and a "spray" which looks to be coming from the quick connect. Anyone see that too?

Comment

I think I figured out the pink hose. I found the following sentence and a few other similar write-ups about pink hoses: "drain the vst tank there is a drainscrew with a pink hose. loosen that screw and drain it out in a glas and look at the fuel."

I also read somewhere that these hoses typically fall off, so a lot of people never even see them.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Schenk View Post
                  I think the wire is white. It has black electrical tape all the way to the end, but I'm pretty sure the wire is white. The wire is connected to a positive battery terminal. The plug is either spliced to the wire, or has it's own wire under the black electrical tape. My first thought was that it's for the addition of an hour meter (which I don't have).

After typing the question about the quick connect, I sat the picture in the top right corner of the screen on this page which shows the back side of a 300 Suzuki. It appears in the picture that the motor is running with a quick connect inserted in the flush port. The picture shows a "clean" stream (as it normally would) and a "spray" which looks to be coming from the quick connect. Anyone see that too?
                  I understand what you mean about the wire now. It probably is the sub battery cable, and someone apparently spliced into it. I doubt that it would be for an hour meter, since it would always be hot, coming directly from the battery. But for whatever reason it was put there, if it is indeed spliced into the sub battery cable, it's probably a good idea not to use it, since the sub battery cable has a specific function. Any connections to the positive side of the battery should be made at the positive bus bar.
                  Mike
                  μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

Working...
                  X