Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF6 at full throttle?

Hello,

Just purchased a used 2007 Df6. I have it as a kicker and at WOT it revs the same as at half throttle. I can see the throttle is fully open on the carb but it sounds "flat" at WOT like it revs up nicely and then as I get to fully open on the carb it sounds like it levels out in rpm or even drops down a little (like its labouring or flat). Don't laugh, but instead of rrriiiiiiiiiiiinnnnn it's a burrrrrrrrr kind of sound, but if I drop back the throttle it goes back to that nice sounding rrriiiiiiiiinnnn!!! If yer know what I mean lol!

I have cleaned the carb (when i bought it it didn't run and the carb was gummed up) and it idles and starts great, no dead spots on opening the throttle, cleaned up the fuel pump checked for air leaks on fuel etc, new plug that gapped per specs, all looks ok but as I am not familiar with the engine is this just how they run or is something up?

Pushes an 18ft alloy boat (main is a DF115) at about 4 knots, would that be about right?

Shan
    Last edited by shansgonefishin; 03-19-2014, 01:16 PM.

It may need smaller pitch prop, but not many prop sizes available. See what prop is on it, 6" pitch is smallest prop you can get.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

Originally posted by boats.net View Post
      It may need smaller pitch prop, but not many prop sizes available. See what prop is on it, 6" pitch is smallest prop you can get.
      Thank you for the response, unfortunately it does the same when not in gear.

Shan

Comment

Do a compression and leak down test to see if engine is in good shape. Carb may still have restricted passages or jets.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
        X